I wrote last week about what I want to achieve in 2015 with my life in general. It was a depressingly boring and adult post, for this Mentalist Monday I thought I’d look at what I want to achieve on a more personal level this year.
1. No self-harm. This includes rubber bands and other coping mechanisms; I almost managed this last year but January and February were rough months and I resorted to my old coping mechanism. This year is going to be hard and I really want to try cope in a healthier way.
2. Don’t be afraid of medication. It’s been almost a year since I stopped taking antidepressants and I feel fine, but I don’t want to be scared of going back down that path again. I found that they helped to pull me out of a bad place and got me level again.
3. Think about further counselling. I’ve been offered further counselling, CBT style, which I could apply for any time in the next few years. This year could be a good time to take up that offer and that’s something that I need to consider.
4. Remain social. I went from being very socially awkward/anxious to very socially comfortable. I need to keep pushing myself and not retreat into my shell. It’s so easy to slip back into your old ways and it’s something that I need to be aware of.
5. Push the boundaries of my comfort zone. I don’t just want to stay the same, I want to grow. I’m very comfortable and confident with a lot of things but I want to try new things. I want to challenge the ingrained fears that stop me from doing things and break down walls. I want to travel more and become fully independent.
’til next time,