Thank the blogger who nominated you providing links back to their website.
Display the logo on your blog.
Answer the ten questions set for you.
Make up ten questions for your nominees.
Nominate ten people.
Right, as some of you may have noticed I don’t do these things a lot, but this is one that I haven’t seen before and I was nominated by the wonderful Heidi of Geeky Scribbles, so I really couldn’t say no!
1. Favourite book of all time?
This is incredibly hard, there are so many books that have had a massive impact on me. If we’re looking at my whole life I might have to say The Secret Garden. It was my go-to book for escape when I was younger; however I do have to mention The Railway Children, the entire Famous Five serious, Anne of Green Gables, Steve Augarde’s The Various/Celandine/Winter Wood, Black Beauty, Jennifer Donnelly’s Revolution/A Gathering Light, Little Women.
Okay, so that’s more than one book…
2. Is there a book you wish you’d written?
On one hand, no, because the books that I wish I’d written I either have written, am writing or am planning to write.
On the other hand if I had to pick a book I’ve narrowed it down to: Rising ’44 by Norman Davies, The Various by Steve Augarde or The Crimson Petal and The White by Michel Faber.
3. What is the biggest achievement you’ve made this year?
Probably getting a Distinction in my ATCL with Trinity College London.
4. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a vet, then I wanted to be a barrister, then I wanted to be a mental health nurse, then I wanted to be an actress…
5. Worst thing in the world?
Being alone and unloved.
6. Best thing in the world?
Being surrounded by people who love me.
7. What changed your life forever?
Having depression; I don’t think I’d be the person that I am today without going through that. As horrible as it was and is, it’s made me into me and weirdly I am actually grateful for that. It’s very humbling and it’s made me a better person.
8. If you could have a book character move in with you, who would it be and why?
Jo, from Little Women. I thought about this for a while, there are so many characters that I love and that I would love to spend time with, but if I had to live with one then I’d want someone with a bit of fire. I think we’d balance each other out well… and probably start a revolution.
9. If you had to either give up the internet, or books, which would you give up?
As sad as it sounds, I’d probably give up books. BUT I only say this because you can get books via the internet (Kindle etc.) Whilst it wouldn’t be ideal I feel that the internet could give me everything that books do and more.
Doesn’t mean I’m going to stop buying books though…
10. Who is your role model? Is there anything you’d like to say to them?
I don’t think I have a role model… my Gods are the closest thing to a role model that I have, and I speak to them all the time. I have an idol though; Marie-Madeleine Fourcade, I wouldn’t say anything to her if we were to meet- I strongly believe in the ‘never meet your idols’ rule of thumb.
My ten questions are:
1. Who had the most (positive) influence on you as you were growing up?
2. Would you rather know when or how you’re going to die?
3. If you could be remembered for just one thing, what would it be?
4. Do you have any regrets?
5. What’s the best decision you’ve ever made?
6. What one piece of advice would you give your twelve year-old self?
7. What was your favourite subject at school?
8. What was the book/film/TV show that had the most influence on you?
9. Describe your perfect night in.
10. What’s your biggest fear?
’til next time,