It’s been a reasonable amount of time since I posted my new years resolutions (or ‘plans’ as I believe I dubbed them in order to try and avoid the NYR curse.) so I thought I should do a little update!
Oh I can hear the screams of joy already…
- Paint my nails more: this went pretty well, I was fairly relentless at the beginning of the year and did a serious number on my nails, I’m not giving them some time off to recover from being abused with chemicals. I’ll break out the polish on special occasions only ’til I feel that they’re back to full strength again.
- Read books: several things are getting in the way of this; mainly my own laziness. I made it through one book on my list, am part way through another… I’ve been stuck on the same page for about two months due to nothing but the fact that my laptop is shiny and exciting. I do actually have a slight excuse in that I’ve been spending my time reading plays which were necessary for my course, so I can’t be held totally to blame… just mostly.
- Do more rituals: I failed spectacularly at this one! Nothing to excuse me other than the fact I actually have no time to myself, I was either out doing things or having to rehearse late into the night. Fingers crossed that Litha will involve an all-night vigil… it’s never too late to try!
- Edit my latest novel: meh, it’s going to take a lot of work. I mean, I did think about it but I came to the conclusion that I just don’t have the time right now.
- Plan another novel: I’m currently working on some ideas, the problem is that nothing’s really grabbing me at all and I don’t like forcing novels. They have to grow organically.
- Say ‘No’: wow, I did this… I really actually did this. I created some boundaries with friends who I felt were taking liberties, I actually agreed that I deserved better in terms of my romantic/sexual relationships and ended things that weren’t working. I also said no to people that I knew it wasn’t going to work with and mentally cleared out my romantic graveyard. Then I said ‘yes’ to a guy that I’d liked for a while but knew nothing about; best decision I’ve ever made. I grew some balls, waited, and was rewarded with a guy who is more than I could have ever asked for.
So there we are; some plans were more successful than others… stay tuned for a weekly dose of Paganism this Friday!
’til next time,