I know I’m late to the party but I don’t like resolutions- I always seem to mess them up or just rebel against them… so here are my ‘plans’ for 2014.
- Paint my nails more: I know this is a random one but I love wearing nail polish and I’ve collected so much of it in the last year thanks to Aunties and Uncles that it really seems a shame not to wear it all… just have to get over my epic laziness of applying it.
- Read books: I have a pile of books that I’ve been meaning to read for the last three years, for someone who was once a massive reader this is pretty bad. I’m planning to spend this year working my way through them all.
- Do more rituals: we have eight festivals in the year, for 2014 I’m going to celebrate each one with a private ritual. I don’t think that’s too much to ask of myself in return for a peaceful state of mind and closer connection to my Gods.
- Edit my latest novel: it’s sitting lonely and forlorn on my laptop, I just need to give it a serious edit and slight reworking and then I can maybe start to think about publication and exciting things.
- Plan my next novel: I want to keep writing, I’ve been taking a break for the past few years to try and focus on my acting but I really, really want to get back into the writing groove again.
- Say ‘no’: this is just one for my personal life, I very rarely say no to anything or anyone- but in terms of men I need to learn when to trust my instincts and say ‘no’ to someone. I’ll always try out a relationship with someone but I need to stop being afraid of hurting people’s feelings and know when to turn someone down or end something.
There we go… nice and painless! What are your plans/resolutions for 2014?
‘til next time,